It Is Suitable For
· Those looking for relaxing massage in Langkawi, Malaysia.
· Those with sports injuries.
· Those who wish to restore full body energy.
· Those who wish to subside body soreness.
· Those who wish to cure back/shoulder pain.
What is Warm Stone Massage?
Warm Stone Massage is a type of relaxing massage therapy which uses smooth, heated stones to apply on specific points on the body while massaging. With the heat and weight of the stones, it enhances better experience of relaxation to the muscles, allowing the therapists to apply deeper pressure to those areas without causing discomfort.
The hallmark of hot stone massage is the use of heated stones. Basalt river rocks are typically used because they are smooth (from the river's current) and retain heat well. While massage therapists often use anatomy to guide the placement of the stones, some therapists will also place stones on points thought to energetically balance the mind and body.
How It Works
Smooth heated stones with slight pressure on specific points of the body allows muscle warm up and relaxation.
While the points may vary depending on the areas of muscle tension and health history, the stones are generally placed in the following areas:
· Along both sides of the spine
· In the palms of your hand
· On your legs, abdomen, feet
And small stones may be placed between the toes or on the forehead.
Advantages and Limitations of Warm Stone Massage
· Provides muscle relaxation
· Promotes good sleep quality
· Reduces stress
· Stimulates blood flow
· Relieves strained muscles
· Helps detoxify the body
· Nourishes and softens skin
· Soothes body soreness
·The pressure experienced during the massage may be painful for some people
Not Recommended For
· The ones with medical condition such as: such as high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, varicose veins, migraines, autoimmune disease, decreased pain sensitivity, cancer, autoimmune disease, epilepsy, tumors, or metal implants, or are on medication that thins the blood
· Pregnant women
Q1: Is the massage good for sports injuries?
A1: Yes, the massage helps muscles relaxation as well as sports injuries.
Q2: Is the pain tolerable?
A2: The level of pain can vary to suit your body condition.
Q3: I have sunburn, can I proceed with the massage?
A3: No, it is recommended to treat sunburn first before getting the massage.
[Spa Name] Mandara Spa
[Spa Location] Langkawi, Malaysia
[Nearest Station / Attractions] Spa is located at Tanjung Rhu Resort situated at the northern tip of Langkawi, surrounded by rustling Casuarina trees on a 2.5 km white-sand beach facing the aquamarine waters of the Andaman Sea.
[Spa Opening Time] 9:00AM - 5:00PM (Closed on Mondays)
||50 - 80 mins
|Number of Postoperative Visit
||48 hours notice is required for any booking cancellation
|| Tanjung Rhu Resort, Langkawi, Langkawi, Kedah