It Is Suitable For
· Those in Istanbul interested in skin and muscle tightening treatment.
· Those with fats deposits that are difficult to remove after giving birth.
· Those with balanced diet but has loose skin.
· Those who wish to remove excess fat deposit or loose abdominal skin.
· Those who wish to tighten their abdominal muscles.
What is Abdominoplasty?
Abdominoplasty, or also known as tummy tuck is a cosmetic surgical procedure that removes excess fat and skin. Simultaneously, abdominoplasty can also help restore weakened muscles, creating a smoother and firmer abdominal profile.
Abdominoplasty is the ultimate choice for those who are not able to achieve a well-toned abdomen through exercise and weight control. The most common causes of this include:
· Significant fluctuations in weight
· Prior surgery
However, abdominoplasty is not a substitute for weight loss or an appropriate exercise program. The procedure cannot be performed to correct stretch marks unless they are located on the areas of excess skin that will be excised, in which the areas are below the belly button.
The overall procedure requires a recovery period of at least 2 weeks. After the treatment, a good weight control diet and regular exercise are necessary to maintain the effect.
How It Works
Generally, the treatment helps those with a healthy lifestyle to achieve a shapelier body. After fat removal, excess loose skin will be removed as well to tighten the skin and enhance body appearance. Moreover, muscle tightening can also be done with this procedure.
Those with extreme obesity are not suitable for this treatment.
Abdominoplasty with Liposuction
Abdominoplasty and liposuction are two treatments with similar aims but different in surgical procedures.
While liposuction focuses on removing all the excess fats from every specific part of the body and hence helps to achieve the well-sculpted body, abdominoplasty involves a more complex procedure that aims to remove abdominal fats and tighten the muscle and skin for the ideal flat abdominal appearance.
At our affiliated clinic, the two treatments can be performed at the same time to fully contour the body.
1. Consultation and examination of body condition
2. A large volume of a solution will be injected into the target area. This solution contains Lidocaine (anesthetic effect) and epinephrine (decreases bleeding)
3. A special cannula (diameter = 2, 3, 4 or 5 mm) will be inserted through a tiny skin incision
4. Suction of unwanted fats
5. The incision will be closed with stitches
1. Consultation and examination of body condition
2. Marking areas to be treated and application of general anesthesia
3. A linear incision is made from the hipbone extended to the other end along the bikini line
4. Excess skin and fat from the abdominal wall are separated and removed
5. Depending on your consultation with the surgeon, your muscles might be tightened by pulling them close together and having them stitched into a new position
6. The incision is closed with stitches and dressings are applied
7. A temporary tube may be inserted in order to drain excess fluid from the surgical site
Advantages and Limitations of Abdominoplasty
· Gives a firmer and tighter abdomen
· Reduces stretch marks
· Flatter, smoother, firmer and tighter abdomen
· Youthful-looking body
· Removes excess fat
· Restores weakened muscles
· Tightens skin
· Permanent results
· May affect future pregnancies
· Potential risks like blood clots and skin related problems
· Weight gain might affect results
· Temporary numbness and swelling
Abdominoplasty Post Care
· Ensure that the bandage is always dry and clean
· Keep your waist bent when walking, sitting or lying down for a few days
· Severely limit strenuous activity for at least 6 weeks
· Take at least 3 to 4 weeks off work to ensure proper recovery
· Position pillows under the knees and back for support when in bed
· Keep moving feet to increase circulation around the legs
· Wear elastic compression garment for 4 to 6 weeks
· Only sponge bath is allowed; may allowed to shower 7 to 10 days after surgery
· Able to resume normal activities after 2 weeks
· Strictly avoid strenuous activities within 2 weeks after surgery
Q1: When will the stitches from my abdominoplasty procedure be removed?
A1: Stitches can be removed around 2 to 3 weeks after the procedure.
Q2: When will the finalized results appear?
A2: The result of abdominoplasty is spectacular right after the surgery, but the final shape of the abdomen area will be apparent after a few months.
Q3: Is the result permanent?
A3: A good weight control diet and exercise regimen will help you keep your post-tummy tuck form. Pregnancy and significant fluctuations in weight will negate the results of surgery.
Q4: How is abdominoplasty different from liposuction?
A4: While liposuction removes excess fat through draining, abdominoplasty focuses on reshaping the abdominal muscles and removing excess skin in addition to removing excess fat. Abdominoplasty only targets that abdominal area, whilst liposuction can be performed on many parts of the body.
Q5: How long should I focus on resting after my abdominoplasty?
A5: For better care, resting for 1 month is ideal. During this time, avoid strenuous physical activities.
[Clinic Name] Dr. Oyku Celen, Skin Health Clinic
[Location] Istanbul, Turkey
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] A 1-min walking distance from Tattoom Gallery and a 10 mins drive from Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday-Friday (9:00AM-6:00PM); Saturday (10:00AM-3:00PM)