It Is Suitable For
· Those in Istanbul, Turkey for more than a week.
· Those with drooping, large and heavy breasts.
· Those with enlarged mammary glands.
· Those who wish to be more comfortable with the size of their breasts.
· Those who wish to reduce the size of their breasts and improve their body appearance.
What is Breast Reduction?
Also known as reduction mammoplasty, breast reduction is a reconstructive or cosmetic surgical procedure that helps to create smaller, lighter breasts by removing excess glandular tissue, fat, and skin from overly large, heavy and sagging breasts.
Some women experience discomfort caused by overly large breasts, such as back, neck and shoulder pain, stretched skin, and painful and deep indentation from bra straps. All of these problems can be solved by reducing the size of your breasts.
Breast Reduction Procedure
1. The planned incisions will be outlined with a marking pen.
2. An incision will be made.
3. Excessive skin and breast tissue will be removed, without harming the nipple, areola and the breast tissue surrounding them.
4. Flaps of breast will then be developed and sewn together to secure not just the skin, but the breast gland itself, into a smaller configuration. In other words, some skin will be removed to wrap the breast tissue in a tighter envelope. The entire breast, including the nipple, will be moved to a higher level on the chest, thereby giving the breast a new contour.
5. All incisions will be closed with dissolvable stitches and surgical wound tapes.
6. Thick gauze and cotton dressings will be placed for comfort and support.
Advantages and Limitations of Breast Reduction
· Increases comfort and confidence
· Smaller and lighter breasts
· Gives a more balanced body proportion
· Eases work out/exercise
· Better nipple and areola positioning/height
· Swelling and bruising may be experienced for a few days
· Strictly stop smoking 2 weeks before surgery as smoking increases the risks of complications.
· Stop drinking alcoholic beverages 1 week before surgery.
· Do not eat or drink anything at least 6 hrs before the operation.
· Avoid taking anti-inflammatory drugs, herbal supplements and aspirin as they can increase bleeding.
Breast Reduction Post Care
· Have extra pillows on your bed for support
· Limit the use of your arms for at least 1 to 2 weeks
· Ensure the dressing and incision area stay dry and clean
· Do not smoke as it may delay healing and lead to infection
· Do not participate in strenuous activities
Q1: What are the risks of breast reduction?
A1: Although very rare, risks may include blood clots, skin discoloration, potential inability to breastfeed, poor wound healing, anesthesia risks, infection and unfavorable scarring, among others. The doctor will consult with you regarding the risks, especially by taking into consideration your own condition.
Q2: When will I be able to return to work?
A2: You may return to work 1 to 2 weeks after the surgery. However, you are still advised not to do any heavy lifting, bending, straining or pushing for the next 3 to 4 weeks.
Q3: Can I still breastfeed my children?
A3: Yes. But please also consult your surgeon about this concern as it may be subject to your condition.
Q4: When can I start participating in sports?
A4: Around 3 to 4 weeks after surgery for a smooth recovery process.
Q5: Is the result immediate?
A5: The result from a breast reduction can be seen immediately but please allow 8 to 12 months for a more defined breast shape.
Q6: How small can my breasts be reduced?
A6: Your shoulder and chest width, as well as your general body dimensions should be considered to achieve ideally proportional breasts. Your wish to continue breastfeeding in the future will also be one of the factors in deciding the final size with your doctor.
[Clinic Name] Dr. Oyku Celen, Skin Health Clinic
[Location] Istanbul, Turkey
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] 1 min walking distance from Tattoom Gallery and a 10 mins drive from Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday to Friday (9:00AM - 6:00PM); Saturday (10:00AM - 3:00PM)
||2.5 - 4 hrs
||2 - 3 weeks
|Number of Postoperative Visit
||Follow-up within 7 - 10 days after procedure
||4 - 5 Nights
||No charge for cancellations made at least 48 hrs to prior appointment date*
|Include In This Price
||Single Room Accommodation with Breakfast, Transfers, Medicines (including anesthesia), Clinic Expenses
|| Dr. Oyku Celen - Skin Health Turkey, Hüsrev Gerede Cd Gözüm Apt, D:No: 69 D:4, 34380, Turkey