· Those looking for fast turnaround time COVID-19 Testing in Kuala Lumpur.
· Those with travel requirements of both PCR and RTK.
· Those with intention to fly to China or other countries with similar rules.
What is COVID-19?
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is an infectious disease which is caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2).
The virus has the ability to spread during close contact by small droplets produced when the infected person(s) cough, sneeze or talk. A contaminated surface touched can lead to the infection as hands could accidentally transfer the virus to the face. Coronavirus can remain and survive on surfaces for up to 72 hours, and the first 3 days after symptoms appear are the most contagious period, although there is also a possibility of spreading before seeing the symptoms as well as in the later stages of the disease.
Potential COVID-19 infected individuals will present symptoms like:
· Runny nose
· Sore throat
· Difficulty breathing
· Chest pain
· Loss of sense for taste and smell
How It Works
It will normally take you about 10 to 30 mins to complete the nasal swab tests. RTK results can be generated within 1 day while PCR may take around 2 to 3 days until turnaround time.
Appointments must be made prior to the test.
COVID-19 Rapid Test Service at Our Affiliated Hospital
At our affiliated clinic, there are 2 different test kits that can be done:
· RT-PCR (Reverse Transcription-Polymerase Chain Reaction)
Detection can be assessed by taking a known amount of virus to check for the results. This is done by performing nasopharyngeal swab on patients. Samples of nasal and throat secretions will be collected and sent to test.
· RTK Antigen (Rapid Testing Kit)
Rapid Test Kits were first recognized as finger prick test and taking blood as samples. With it, quick turnaround can be obtained. This will also be done by performing nasopharyngeal swab on patients.
RTK Antigen Vs. RTK Antibody
There are actually 2 different kinds of RTK. Our affiliated hospital only offer RTK Antigen. The differences between the 2 are:
· Thoroughly screens entire body's antigen
· Detects COVID-19 Virus
· Uses nasopharyngeal swab samples
· Positive results mean one is having the virus
· Helpful tool to detect presence of COVID-19
· Screens antibodies
· Detects antibodies only 7 to 14 days after infected to the virus
· Uses blood as samples
· Positive results mean one has been infected but unable to detect whether the virus still presents
· Negative results may not necessarily mean one is not infected
· Doesn't really help with early detection of COVID-19
Advantages and Limitations of COVID-19 Rapid Test
· Fast and accurate procedure
· Safe and no risk in exposure
· Detects antigens in the blood
· Results can be obtained on the same day
· May not be as sensitive as RT-PCR
Q1: Is the test accurate?
A1: This package consists of both PCR and RTK tests, results obtained will the most accurate.
Q2: What if I tested positive?
A2: Those who tested positive will have to follow the rules and safety regulations guided by MOH and will be put in quarantine at the nearest facility.
Q3: Will the test be painful?
A3: It will rather be a little bit uncomfortable but not painful.
Q4: Why can't rapid test be used as sole basis for diagnosis?
A4: Only rapid test of RTK Antibody can't be used as sole basis for diagnosis. RTK Antigen is now widely used as sole basis for diagnosis especially those that need fast turnaround time. However, both PCR and RTK Antigen tests are done for this package to ensure the best accuracy.
Q5: How soon can the results come out?
A5: RTK Antigen results usually only take about a few hrs, while PCR may need 2 to 3 days at most.
Q6: How will I receive the results?
A6: You will be contacted by our affiliated hospital in regards to your testing results.
Q7: Is the price the same for all range of age? What if I also want to test for my children?
A7: Yes, the price is the same nonetheless.
[Clinic Name] Sunway Medical Centre
[Location] Selangor, Malaysia
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] Near SBL Sunu-Monash and Sunway Lagoon
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday - Sunday (10:00AM - 9:00PM)
10 - 30 mins
Number of Postoperative Visit
Price is for 1 person
Price does not include additional medication / medical supplies
No charge for cancellations made at least 48 hrs prior appointment date