It Is Suitable For
· Those looking for a safe chemical peel treatment in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
· Those with acne and/or acne scars on the face or body.
· Those who wish to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
· Those who wish to lighten dark circles around the eyes.
· Those who wish to reduce wrinkles around the lips.
What is Medi Peel?
Medi peel is a chemical exfoliation technique to give you clearer and brighter skin. It uses a formulated chemical solution to peel your skin's top layers. This is also known as a skin-resurfacing procedure which allows new skin to replace the damaged skin cells. Medi peel addresses a lot of skin conditions from acne scars, uneven skin tone, dark circles to fine lines and wrinkles.
Medi Peel harnesses the ability of naturally occurring acids and active ingredients to exfoliate the skin effectively. The process also stimulates collagen production to take place, which means you can also get a firmer skin after the procedure. At our affiliated clinic, AHA, BHA and TCA peels are available to treat your skin conditions.
Types of Peels
· AHA Peel (Alpha-hydroxy acid)
This superficial chemical peel uses AHA's such as glycolic acid to remove the outer layer of the skin. This can help to improve fine lines, appearance of pigmentation and acne scarring.
· BHA Peel (Salicylic Acid)
BHA has a clarifying ability. It sloughs off dead skin cells and excess oil build-up that cause acne. It also has an anti-inflammatory property that can treat other symptoms of acne. Besides that, BHA peels are common among dermatologists to treat melasma, freckles and sunspots.
· TCA Peel (Trichloroacetic acid)
This medium-depth peel treats deeper layers of the skin. It is much more effective at removing fine lines, improving uneven skin tone and brightening acne scars. Since it's a deeper peel, it may cause the treated area to swell and scab. It may take 7 to 10 days for the skin to gradually heal after a TCA peel procedure.
How It Works
Depending on your treatment (superficial, medium or deep exfoliation), the active ingredients will penetrate the outer layer up to the bottom layer of the epidermis. The acid will clear the superficial layer of the skin that gives a dull complexion. Healing process will take place and the body's reaction will stimulate collagen production and increase elastin to heal the skin. Healing time will differ from person to person.
Medi Peel Procedure
1. Face will be cleansed.
2. Degreasing solution will be applied before applying any peeling solution e.g AHA to prevent uneven coating due to sebum.
3. The peeling solution will then be applied to the entire face and it takes 3 to 5 mins for the peeling. You might feel a mild stinging while the solution is on the skin.
4. Neutralizing solution will be applied.
5. Face will be cooled with a cool gauze for 15 mins.
6. End of treatment.
Advantages and Limitations of Medi Peel
· Non-invasive procedure
· Exfoliates and clarifies skin
· Lightens dark circles
· Minimizes sun damage and hyperpigmentation
· Reduces acne marks and blemishes
· Softens fine lines
· Requires a few sessions for effective results
· Temporary swelling, scabbing and redness may occur
Medi Peel Pre and Post Care
· Refrain from using any type of retinol or retin-A topical medication for at least 48 hrs
· Stop using hair removal products the week before the peel
· Avoid using facial scrubs and exfoliants the week before the peel
· Arrange a driver to get you home, especially if you are getting higher levels of chemical peeling
· Sunscreen and moisturizer should be regularly applied to avoid further sun damage
· Use ice packs or a cool fan to help relieve discomfort at home
· Follow doctor's guidelines on aftercare to get the best results
Q1: Is 1 session of treatment enough for the results?
A1: In many cases, you can feel the effect immediately after treatment, but it is recommended that you get 5 sessions as one course to get the best results.
Q2: I have done chemical peel exfoliation for 5 sessions previously and my skin has gotten better. Should I continue?
A2: If you stop getting chemical peeling treatment, the effect will gradually disappear. It is recommended to continue even once a month to maintain the results.
Q3: How do you determine the concentration of the peeling solution or is it the same for everyone?
A3: The concentration of solution will be adjusted according to the condition of the skin and the number of times it has been peeled before.
Q4: Can I apply makeup immediately after treatment?
A4: You can apply makeup straight away after treatment, but please make sure to apply moisturizer and sunscreen as well.
Q5: Is this safe?
A5: This treatment is widely practiced worldwide and is usually a very safe procedure. Our affiliated clinic ensures that this treatment will be performed by a qualified and experienced doctor.
Q6: Will it hurt?
A6: Not painful but rather you will feel a burning or stinging sensation when the active ingredients are 'peeling' the skin, which may make the treatment uncomfortable.
[Clinic Name] Toscana Medi Clinic
[Location] Kuala Lumpur
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] 1 min walk to Publika Shopping Gallery, 2 mins walk to a bus station (Publika bus station), walking distance to high-end restaurants
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday - Saturday (10:00AM - 7:00PM)