· Those looking for a convenient COVID-19 Testing in Kuala Lumpur.
· Those with symptoms and wish to screen for COVID-19.
· Those with travel history to affected countries of COVID-19.
· Those with possible close contact with the infected persons.
· Those who want to undergo early diagnosis to proceed with treatment or prevent the disease.
What is COVID-19?
COVID-19, abbreviated for Coronavirus Disease 2019 has been spread worldwide since end of 2019, hence the name. It is an infectious disease caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 also known as SARS-CoV-2. Simply put, it attacks the respiratory system and those highly at risks are the elderly and ones with critical medical condition.
Coronavirus has the ability to spread as far as 1 meter and if you are in close contact to symptomatic individuals, you could be infected by the spreading of small droplets especially through coughing and sneezing. A contaminated surface touched can lead to the infection as hands could accidentally transfer the virus to the face. Coronavirus can remain and survive on surfaces for up to 72 hours; the first 3 days after symptoms appear are the most contagious period, although there is also a possibility of spreading before seeing the symptoms as well as in the later stages of the disease.
Potential COVID-19 infected individuals will present symptoms like:
· Runny nose
· Sore throat
· Difficulty breathing
· Chest pain
· Loss of sense for taste and smell
COVID-19 PCR Test Procedure
1. Register yourself at the counter
2. The medical staff will attend to you and get your swabs
3. Swab samples will be taken for testing
4. You will be informed of the results in 2 to 3 days
COVID-19 PCR Test Service at Our Affiliated Clinic
RT-PCR (Reverse Transcription-Polymerase Chain Reaction) detection can be assessed by taking a known amount of virus to check for the results. This is done by performing nasopharyngeal swab on patients. Samples of nasal and throat secretions will be collected and sent to test.
RT-PCR is the method that would be used for all walk-in test for COVID-19 held at our affiliated hospital. The process takes less than 10 mins and the results can be obtained in 24 to 48 hrs.
Advantages and Limitations of COVID-19 PCR Test
· Quick and convenient procedure
· Safe and no risk in exposure
· Results can be obtained as quick as 24 to 36 hrs
· Some discomfort may be experienced while obtaining the samples
Q1: Is it possible to come in without making any appointments?
A1: Yes, our affiliated clinic accept walk-in patients. You may come without making any appointments. It would be best however, if you would make an appointment prior your visit to the clinic.
Q2: How will I receive the results?
A2: You will be contacted by our affiliated clinic in regards to your testing results.
Q3: Is the price the same for all range of age? What if I also want to test for my children?
A3: Yes, the price is the same nonetheless.
[Clinic Name] Lyfe Clinic
[Location] Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
[Nearest Station / Nearest Tourist Destination] Takes around 10 mins to Tropicana City Mall and Aeon Big 3 Damansara. Nearest bus stops in 5 - 9 mins walking distance.
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday - Friday (9:00AM - 7:00PM); Saturday (9:00AM - 1:00PM)