It Is Suitable For
· Those who in Colombo for 5 days or more.
· Those with stress / anxiety.
· Those with insomnia.
· Those who wish to improve sleep quality.
· Those who wish to relieve stress / reduce anxiety.
What is De-stress / Improve Insomnia Treatment?
Stress and insomnia is common for everyone nowadays due to their hectic daily activities that vary from one to another.
In this program, a treatment for the two conditions mentioned above is available to help with relieving stress as well as to enhance sleep quality, improving insomnia. The main concept used for the treatment is Ayurveda; thus, the procedure ensures safety with natural ingredients.
How It Works
There are various treatments available for Ayurvedic treatment:
· Shirodhara: 'Shiro' means head and 'Dhara' means pouring in a stream; Shirodhara is the treatment in which warm, herbal Ayurvedic oil is poured onto forehead. The treatment helps to balance and stabilize the mind by purifying the mind, alleviating anxiety, reducing headaches as well as expanding awareness.
· Fomentation (Herbal Ball): A fomentation is a topical application procedure in which herbs are wrapped up into a ball by thin cloth and applied to the body. It is similar to compression, however, most compresses are applied and left to cool, while fomentation is usually kept warm. Fomentation is helpful in treating strains, sprains, cramps, and almost any inflamed area of the body. Coughs and congestion can also benefit from this type of treatment.
· Shiro Abhyanga (Head treatment), Shareera Abhyanga (Body treatment), Pada Abhyanga (Foot treatment): Abhyanga is an oil massage treatment performed to restore balance of the body and enhance well-being as well as longevity. Abhyanga can be for head, body, face as well as foot.
What is Included
· Shiro Abhyanga (Head treatment) - 20 mins
· Shirodhara - 30 mins
· Shareera Abhyanga (Body treatment) - 40 mins
· Pada Abhyanga (Foot treatment) - 20 mins
· Fomentation (Herbal ball) - 20 mins
These treatments continue for 5 days.
De-stress / Improve Insomnia Treatment Procedure
1. Cleansing of face will be done
2. A cloth will be placed to isolate the forehead from other parts of the face
3. Pouring of oil will be done slowly on the forehead for 30 mins
1. Herbs are wrapped up into a ball with thin cloth.
2. Lay flat with face down.
3. Herbal ball will be used to apply onto the body.
4. The duration is 20 mins per treatment.
Shiro Abhyanga (Head treatment), Shareera Abhyanga (Body treatment), Pada Abhyanga (Foot treatment)
1. Massage oil will be warmed.
2. Massage will be conducted with oil for head, body and foot.
Advantages and Limitations of De-stress / Improve Insomnia Treatment
· Improves sleep quality
· Calms the nerves
· Relieves stress
· Reduces anxiety
· Relaxes the mind
· Improves blood circulation
· You must follow the routine treatment for 5 days
Q1: Are the massage oils made from natural ingredients?
A1: Yes, the massage oils are from natural ingredients
Q2: What kind of diseases can benefit from the Shareera Abhyanga?
A2: The treatment can help with osteoarthritis, backache, obesity, allergic rhinitis and postnatal symptoms. It is also recommended for sportsperson to increase stamina and endurance.
Q3: Are there any side effects for Shirodhara?
A3: After Shirodhara, some people may feel temporary heaviness on the head, depending on the condition.
Q4: What is Shirodhara?
A4: It is a treatment where medicated oil will be poured on the forehead slowly to help in dealing with stress and anxiety.
Q5: Are there any side effects for Shirodhara?
A5: Temporary heaviness in the head may be felt for some people, depending on his/her condition as Shirodhara helps to stimulate relaxation response.
[Clinic Name] Exserendib Ayurveda Cure & Therapy
[Location] Colombo, Sri Lanka
The clinic is located in the heart of Colombo, situated at Flower Road and a 3 mins walk away from Cinnamon Red Hotel.
[Clinic Opening Time] 9:00AM - 8:00PM
||130 mins / day
|Number of Postoperative Visit
||The routine treatment takes 5 days
||No cancellation fees will be charged if you cancel your booking ahead of time. Failure to do so, you will be charged 20% or 50% if cancellation is made within 48 or 24 hrs respectively - prior to appointment date. A no-show or same day cancellation will be penalized with 100% of treatment fees.
|| Sri Lanka, Colombo, Flower Road, Exserendib Ayurveda Cure&Therapy