It Is Suitable For
· Those who want a relaxing and rejuvenating ayurvedic treatment in Colombo.
· Those who wish to restore inner body health.
· Those who wish to improve sleep quality.
· Those who wish to enhance hair growth.
· Those who wish to improve blood circulation.
What is Ayurveda?
Ayurveda (In short for Ayurvedic medicine) is one of the world's oldest holistic healing procedure developed more than 3,000 years ago in India. The main purpose of Ayurveda is to help in promoting good health. Hence, the belief of achieving good health and wellness for Ayurvedic treatment is based on the balance between the mind, body and spirit.
There are various treatments available for Ayurvedic treatment:
· Shirodhara: 'Shiro' means head and 'Dhara' means pouring in a stream; Shirodhara is the treatment in which warm, herbal Ayurvedic oil is poured onto forehead. The treatment helps to balance and stabilize the mind by purifying the mind, alleviating anxiety, reducing headaches as well as expanding awareness.
· Vashpa Sweda (Herbal steam bath): The treatment is for removing toxins from the body and to relieve pain. Herbal leaves and roots are boiled and the steam is passed through the body through pores, hence toxins are removed.
· Shiro Abhyanga (Head treatment), Shareera Abhyanga (Body treatment), Griva Skanda (Shoulder treatment): Abhyanga is an oil massage treatment performed to restore balance of the body and enhance well-being as well as longevity. Abhyanga can be for head, shoulder, as well as body.
D-1 ExSerendib Experience 1
· Shareera Abhyanga (Body treatment) - 40 mins
· Vashpa Sweda (Herbal steam bath) - 20 mins
D-2 ExSerendib Experience 2
· Shirodhara – 30 mins
· Shareera Abhyanga (Body treatment) – 40 mins
D-3 ExSerendib Experience 3
· Shiro Abhyanga/Griva Skanda (Head/Shoulder treatment) – 20 mins
· Shareera Abhyanga (Body treatment) – 30 mins
· Vashpa Sweda (Herbal steam bath) – 15 mins
Ayurvedic 1 Day Experience Procedures
1. Cleansing of face will be done
2. A cloth will be placed to isolate the forehead from other parts of the face
3. Pouring of oil will be done slowly on the forehead for 30 minutes
Shiro Abhyanga (Head treatment), Shareera Abhyanga (Body treatment), Griva Skanda (Shoulder treatment)
1. Massage oil will be warmed
2. Massage will be conducted with oil for head, body, or shoulder
Vashpa Sweda (Herbal steam bath)
1. Medicinal herbs are kept boiling within the steam chamber
2. After Shareera Abhyanga, lying down inside the steam chamber will be advised
3. Steam will be passed through the body for the treatment
Benefits of Ayurvedic Treatment
· Nourishes the entire body—decreases the effects of aging
· Improves blood circulation
· Increases stamina
· Calms the nerves
· Improves sleep quality
· Enhances hair growth
· Softens and smoothens skin
· Reduces anxiety
· Relaxes the mind
Possible Side Effects (for some people):
For Vashpa Sweda
Q1: Are the massage oils made from natural ingredients?
A1: Yes, the massage oils are from natural ingredients
Q2: What kind of diseases can benefit from the Shareera Abhyanga?
A2: The treatment can help with osteoarthritis, backache, obesity, allergic rhinitis and postnatal symptoms. It is also recommended for sportsperson to increase stamina and endurance.
Q3: Is Vashpa Sweda suitable for me if I have sunburns?
A3: It is not recommended for sunburns as more discomfort may be experienced.
Q4: What is Shirodhara?
A4: It is a treatment where medicated oil will be poured on the forehead slowly to help in dealing with stress and anxiety.
Q5: Are there any side effects for Shirodhara?
A5: Temporary heaviness in the head may be felt for some people, depending on his/her condition as Shirodhara helps to stimulate relaxation response.
Q6: What if I get dizziness during steam bath?
A6: Dizziness is rare, but if it happens, the therapist will give medication or stop treatment to allow you to relax. And please refrain from consuming cold drinks and being exposed to cold air after the bath.
[Clinic Name] Exserendib Ayurveda Cure & Therapy
[Location] Colombo, Sri Lanka
The clinic is located in the heart of Colombo, situated at Flower Road and a 3 mins walk away from Cinnamon Red Hotel.
[Clinic Opening Time] 9:00AM - 8:00PM
||60 - 70 mins
|Number of Postoperative Visit
||No cancellation fees will be charged if you cancel your booking ahead of time. Failure to do so, you will be charged 20% or 50% if cancellation is made within 48 or 24 hrs respectively - prior to appointment date. A no-show or same day cancellation will be penalized with 100% of treatment fees.
||Sri Lanka, Colombo, Flower Road, Exserendib Ayurveda Cure&Therapy