It Is Suitable For
· Those in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia interested in reducing the thickness of the lips.
· Those with thick lips.
· Those with Taroko/Coconut Lips.
· Those who wish to thin their lips.
· Those who wish to have a better appearance/proportion of lips.
What is Lip Reduction?
Lip Reduction is a procedure done for the ones who feel that their lips are too thick and may be suffering from Tarako Lips or Coconut Lips. The treatment can help to remove the extra part of your lips and enhance a thinner lips appearance.
How It Works
Lip Reduction is a surgical procedure performed by making a small incision to remove the mucous membrane inside the lips. The procedure helps to enhance a better proportional and appearance of lips without leaving any visible scars.
At our affiliated clinic, you can choose between local anesthesia (LA) or general anesthesia (GA) to be applied prior to the procedure.
Lip Reduction Procedure
1. Anesthesia will be administered
2. A small incision is made horizontally in the inner part of your lip
3. Excess fat and tissues are removed to reduce the volume
4. The incision will be stitched to close the incision
Advantages and Limitations of Lip Reduction
· Reduces the thickness of lips
· Enhances a better appearance of lips
· Gives a good proportional of lips
· Safe procedure
· Minimal scarring
· Gives a natural-looking result
· Redness, swelling, bruising and slight pain is possible for a few days
Lip Reduction Post Care
· Normal activities can be resumed once the bleeding has subsided
· Thread has to be removed 7 days after the treatment
· Keep lip and jaw movement minimum for at least the first 24 hrs
Contraindications for Lip Reduction
Lip Reduction is not suitable for candidates with:
· More than 3 mm intralabial space
· Not able to retract their lower lips
· Drooling condition because of poor facial muscle tone
Q1: Can I choose to only have the treatment done on my upper lip?
A1: Treatment can be done with either one, top, or bottom.
Q2: Will there be any surgical wounds or scars visible?
A2: The incision will be made inside your mouth, underlying behind the lips. Therefore, it is not easily seen.
Q3: Will it hurt?
A3: In the case of local anesthesia alone, it is painful only when the local anesthetic needle is inserted. Anesthesia is effective during the operation, so it is painless. In addition, intravenous anesthesia can be used as desired. When combined with venous anesthesia, you can have surgery completely painless without feeling the pain of local anesthesia.
Q4: Will I be able to talk throughout recovery?
A4: Yes, talking would not be a problem but a slight discomfort may be felt.
Q5: Will I be able to resume work immediately?
A5: Since you need time to completely heal, it is best that you take your time off, at least for 3 to 5 days.
[Clinic Name] Beverly Wilshire Medical Centre (KL)
[Location] Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
[Nearest Station / Nearest Tourist Destination] 5 mins driving distance from partner hotels: Pullman Kuala Lumpur City Centre, MiCasa All Suites Hotel, and shopping centre Pavilion Kuala Lumpur. Also, KL Sentral, as well as KLCC, are reachable within 15 mins drive.
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday to Friday (9:00AM - 7:00PM); Saturday (9:00AM - 3:00PM)