It Is Suitable For
· Those in Istanbul, Turkey for a week or more.
· Those with inverted nipples.
· Those with concerns in breastfeeding.
· Those who want to be more confident and comfortable with their breast appearance.
· Those who wish to have visible nipples.
What is Nipple Correction Surgery?
A Nipple Correction Surgery is a procedure done to improve the appearance and functionality of the nipples, particularly in inverted nipples condition.
An inverted nipple is a state in which your nipple is pulled into the bust. A correction can be done with a simple surgery to push the nipples out. This is not only recommended for cosmetic purposes, but also for breastfeeding disorders and mastitis.
How It Works
In this procedure, the connecting tissues that keep the nipples inverted will be released by the surgeon. In the majority of cases, a tiny incision will be performed at the nipples and through the incision, a very fine instrument will be used to release the foreshortened duct that causes the nipples to be inverted. The scar from the incision will heal, in which it will not be visible.
1. Consultation and examination with the doctor.
2. Before the procedure starts, anesthesia will be administered.
3. Small incision will be made at the base of the nipple, and the nipple will be lifted up.
4. The tethering tissue will be released.
5. Stitches will be made to close the incision and support the projection of the nipple.
6. End of procedure. The doctor will give guidance on aftercare.
Advantages and Limitations of Nipple Correction Surgery
· Boosts self-confidence and self-esteem
· Helps with the difficulty in breastfeeding
· Improves the appearance of nipples
· Fast procedure
· Fast recovery
· Possible temporary side effects such as swelling, and internal bleeding for a few days
6 weeks before surgery:
· Stop smoking
· Stop intake of alcohol
About 10 days prior to the procedure:
· Stop taking blood-thinning medications like ibuprofen, aspirin, and medications containing those products.
· Reduce or stop taking vitamin E, omega 3 supplements as they can thin the blood and increase the risk of bleeding.
· Light cardio exercises can only be resumed 3 days after the procedure.
· Compression must be worn for up to 2 weeks after the procedure.
· Please attend follow-up sessions as required.
· Refrain from strenuous activity as slight bleeding may be possible.
· If swelling occurs, refrain from drinking, smoking and exercising.
Q1: When can I return to work?
A1: You can return to work the next day after the procedure if you're comfortable to do so. But please avoid vigorous activities for 2 weeks.
Q2: Are the results immediate?
A2: Yes, you can see the changes immediately. But the shape may change over time and the final result will be realized after a few months.
Q3: Will I feel pain during recovery?
A3: Pain is usually not the main issue with this procedure. But if you do have pain or discomfort, you can take pain medication every 4 hours.
Q4: How long should I wear the dressings?
A4: You may need to wear them for 2 to 4 weeks. It's important to adhere to follow-up visits if required.
Q5: When can I shower?
A5: You may shower the day after surgery, but be gentle and avoid applying pressure to the nipples.
[Clinic Name] Dr. Oyku Celen, Skin Health Clinic
[Location] Istanbul, Turkey
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] 1 min walking distance from Tattoom Gallery and a 10 mins drive from Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday to Friday (9:00AM - 6:00PM); Saturday (10:00AM - 3:00PM)
||1 - 2 weeks
|Number of Postoperative Visit
||1 (For stitches removal), follow-up sessions will depend on your condition
||4 - 5 Nights
||No charge for cancellations made at least 48 hrs prior appointment date*
|Include In This Price
||Single Room Accommodation with Breakfast, Transfers, Medicines (including anesthesia), Clinic Expenses
|| Dr. Oyku Celen - Skin Health Turkey, Hüsrev Gerede Cd Gözüm Apt, D:No: 69 D:4, 34380, Turkey