It Is Suitable For
· Those in Phuket, Thailand interested to go for physiotherapy.
· Those who wish to get back to playing sports after injury.
· Those who wish to improve muscle rigidity/imbalance.
· Those who wish to speed up healing/decrease pain and inflammation.
· Those who wish to treat injuries not treatable by other means such as tennis elbow and degenerative knee joint.
What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a treatment option that focuses on injuries, diseases, and disorders through physical methods such as exercise, massage, manipulation, and other treatments that do not involve medication and surgery.
At our affiliated center, some of the equipment available to help with pain management are as follow:
Provides deep heating to soft tissues (muscles, tendons, joints, and ligaments) in the body
Electrical transfer work by generating a physiological activation within the body's internal tissues through 3 reactions: Microcirculation, Vasolidatation, and Temperature increase
· High-Intensity Laser (HIL).
Effective in sports injuries treatment such as muscle strain or joint distortion, and back pain caused by herniated disc or disorders in the cervical region causing neck pain.
How It Works
Physiotherapy at our affiliated center is divided into 2 courses: Course A and Course B.
· Ultrasound with IF
Provides heat to the body for improving the way that your body heals
Helps wound to heal quickly
· Hot pack/Ice pack
The hot pack is often used for neck tension, chronic muscle injuries, muscle spasm, and joint stiffness; whereas ice pack is used to decrease inflammation, slow metabolism, decrease skin temperatures and ease achy-type pains
· Radio frequency
For patients who do not respond to appropriate medical and physical therapy
· High laser
Effective treatment for sport injuries
Helps wound to heal quickly
An appropriate exercise plan will be designed specially to suit your condition
Q1: Does the treatment involve surgery?
A1: No, physiotherapy does not involve surgery.
Q2: Is physiotherapy painful?
A2: Physiotherapy does not hurt and is completely safe.
Q3: How will I feel after the treatment?
A3: Some soreness may be felt after the treatment session, but you will feel more comfortable with your body.
Q4: What to expect on the first visit?
A4: A full assessment of your condition will be done on your first visit as physiotherapy must be designed specially according to your health state.
Q5: How many sessions do I need?
A5: It depends on your situation; some may need no more than 2 to 3 visits but some may take months or years to ensure a long-term solution.
· Musculoskeletal injuries (sprains, strains, tendonitis, bursitis, tears)
· Painful joint diseases (rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis)
· Neck and low back pain related to nerve irritation/disc herniation
· Lymphatic drainage dysfunction
Advantages and Limitations of Physiotherapy
· Decreases inflammation and pain
· Improves performance/function
· Reduces risk of future injury
· Speeds up healing
· Improves muscle rigidity and muscle imbalance
· Builds strength
· Treats injuries not treatable by other means (tennis elbow, swimmer's shoulder)
· Improves soft tissue stiffness
· Decreases tension
· Few sessions needed for effective recovery
[Clinic Name] Lyfe Medical Wellness
[Location] Phuket, Thailand
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] Walking distance to restaurants and spas, and within 10 mins driving distance to various beaches and viewpoints.
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday to Friday (8:30AM - 5:30PM)