It Is Suitable For
· Those interested in HIV Prevention Procedures in Kuala Lumpur.
· Those who are at high risk of HIV through sex or injection drug use.
· Those with HIV positive spouses.
· Those who wish to run a quick HIV risks assessment.
· Those who wish to be consulted and prescribed PrEP.
What is Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis?
More recognized as PrEP, Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis is a long-term course of HIV prevention drugs taken by HIV negative people as a protection against HIV infection.
Numerous studies have shown that when PrEP is taken daily as the prescribed dosage will reduce the risk of getting HIV by sexual intercourse by 92% to 99%.
At our affiliated clinic, this procedure will also include consultation, a free HIV blood test and PrEP.
How It Works
Reverse transcriptase is one of the enzymes present in HIV, Human Immunodeficiency Virus. PrEP will work to block this enzyme, preventing more copies of the virus from replicating in the body.
PrEP is available either in the form of pills or injections. Consumptions and duration of effectiveness may differ accordingly. At our affiliated clinic, PrEP pills will be used for prescriptions.
Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis Procedure
1. You will be consulted by our affiliated doctor
2. A quick HIV blood test will be done to assess any possible risks
3. You will be prescribed PrEP pills
PrEP at Our Affiliated Clinic
In a nutshell, your first PrEP Pack will consist of:
· Doctor's consultation
· Blood Test
· PrEP Pills
Advantages and Limitations of Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis
· Reduce risk of HIV infection
· Fast and effective procedure
· Safe and minimal risk procedure
· Possible side effects like headache, nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite may be experienced
Contraindications for PrEP
· HIV positive individuals
· Estimated creatinine clearance < 60ml/min
· Signs of symptoms of acute HIV infection, probable exposure to HIV within 72 hrs
· Allergy or contraindication to any medicine in the PrEP regimen like TDF / FTC
Q1: Is this really safe?
A1: Although it can cause side effects like nausea in some people, PrEP is among the 2 FDA-approved medications used for HIV prevention. No serious side effects have been observed.
Q2: Does that mean condoms are no longer necessary once PrEP is taken?
A2: PrEP only protects and functions to reduce 92% to 99% of HIV potential risks infection if used correctly and consistently while condoms protect against HIV, STIs and pregnancy.
Q3: If my spouse is HIV positive, will I have to take PrEP forever?
A3: No, PrEP is not a pill that must be taken in a life-long course. You get to decide when to start and stop.
Q4: Is this considered a vaccine?
A4: No, it does not work the same way as a vaccine. Vaccine will direct your body to fight off infections for years. The presence of PrEP in your bloodstream will hold the spreading of HIV in your body.
Q5: How long will the effectiveness of PrEP be?
A5: Normally, PrEP effects a maximum protection from HIV for about 7 days of daily use for receptive anal sex, and 21 days for receptive vaginal sex and injection drug use.
Q6: When should I take PrEP?
A6: PrEP can either be taken regularly, or when needed before and after sexual intercourse. Our affiliated doctor will have this explained further to suit your case.
[Clinic Name] Liew Clinic
[Location] Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] Located in the business center area, the nearest bus station is only 5 mins away and conveniently located near friendly amenities.
[Clinic Opening Time] Tuesday to Thursday (9:00AM - 9:00PM); Monday, Friday, Saturday (9:00AM - 5:00PM)
|Number of Postoperative Visit
||PrEP is not a cure for HIV and does not prevent other STI diseases
||PrEP medication is most effective when it is taken consistently
||Once testing is done and report is released, charged fees will be non-refundable
|Include In This Price
||Consultation fee can be waived for those opting for a long term PrEP plan
||10 Boulevard, B-2-18, Block B, Lebuhraya SPRINT, PJU 6A, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor