It Is Suitable For
· Those who need skin treatment in Kuala Lumpur.
· Those with troubled skin conditions.
· Those with aging and pale skin.
· Those who wish to undergo skin rejuvenation.
· Those who wish to have better skin texture and appearance.
What is PRP Skin Treatment?
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) skin treatment is a procedure involving drawing the patient's own blood to separate out the protein and growth-factor-rich plasma in which can be used on the facial skin for regenerative, anti-inflammatory and rejuvenating purposes.
PRP skin treatment is suitable for all ages, be it young teenagers with troubled skin or acne scarring to the patients with aging skin looking for effective natural skin healing and rejuvenation.
PRP stimulates the production of new collagen and elastin. The result is a reduction in fine lines and wrinkles, minimising the appearance of scarring, and evening the overall tone and texture of the skin.
How It Works
PRP Skin Treatment is a procedure focused on extracting Platelet Rich Plasma ingredient which is rich with natural "Growth Factors" from patients' own blood, treating and preparing for PRP to be injected to specific areas on the skin to stimulate collagen production, hence reparation of the specific skin area would be carried out for multiple skin problems/conditions.
PRP can be used to treat multiple different problems as it contains various types of growth factors present in the blood:
· Skin pigmentation
· Skin redness
· Vascular appearance on the skin
· Large pores
· Uneven skin tone
· Minor fine lines
· Dehydrated skin
· Minor facial scars
· Pale skin color
PRP Skin Treatment Procedure
1. Consultation and examination of the skin condition
2. Blood collection from the patient
3. Blood processed to isolate the PRP
4. Local anesthesia will be injected onto the face
5. Injection of PRP into the skin
Advantages and Limitations of PRP Skin Treatment
· Improves skin tone and texture
· Reduces pores size and minor scars
· Reduces skin pigmentation
· Enhances skin hydration
· Revitalises pale skin
· Mild injection bumps may be visible on the skin up to 24 hours
· A few sessions are needed depending on the skin condition for the ideal results
Contraindications for PRP Skin Treatment
· Active breastfeeding
· Has active infection,
· Metastatic disease
· Skin diseases
· Has certain blood and bleeding disorders
· Undergoing anticoagulation therapy (and cannot temporarily suspend treatment)
Post-Care for PRP Skin Treatment
3 to 7 days prior to and after the treatment:
· Avoid using blood circulating supplements
· Avoid using acidic facial skin care
· Avoid washing treated area for 48 hrs after the treatment
· Avoid anti-inflammatory and blood-thinning medications for at least 3 to 7 days
· Avoid strenuous exercise, sun, and heat exposure for at least 2 days after the treatment
· Avoid saunas, steam rooms, swimming for at least 2 days
· Avoid alcohol, caffeine, and smoking for at least 3 days after the treatment
Q1: When can I start to notice the results?
A1: Results of PRP can be noticed with skin improvement within 1 week after the treatment.
Q2: Using blood as the ingredient, is the procedure safe?
A2: Yes, the procedure is completely safe as patients' own blood will be collected and used for the treatment.
Q3: How many sessions do I need for good results?
A3: Good results can be observed within the first week after the treatment itself but a continuation of monthly PRP for up to 6 months is recommended as it stimulates collagen production and give good cumulative improvements.
Q4: How long is the treatment?
A4: The whole treatment process takes about 1 hour to complete.
Q5: Can I wash my face right after the treatment?
A5: Washing face is only allowed 6 hours after the treatment with mild soap and water.
[Clinic Name] Cleo Clinic
[Location] Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] The clinic is located 10 mins walking distance from 1 Mont Kiara Shopping Centre and 10 mins driving distance from MRT Semantan.
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday-Friday (10:00AM - 7:00PM); Saturday (10:00AM - 6:00PM); Sunday (10:00AM - 4:00PM)