It Is Suitable For
· Those in Bangkok, Thailand for 3 days or more.
· Those with volume loss of breasts due to weight loss or breastfeeding.
· Those with small breasts.
· Those who want a more defined and round breast shape.
· Those who want a better symmetry of their breasts.
What is Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation procedure is one of the most popular surgical procedures in the world. It carries a low risk of post-surgery complications. In a surgical breast augmentation, breast implants are inserted into the breasts in order to enlarge or restore the size of the breasts. It can give a better appearance of the body line especially for those who have naturally small breasts or experienced volume loss due to weight loss or breastfeeding. In most cases, breast implants are placed under the muscle to give a natural appearance.
At our affiliated hospital, Silicone Cohesive Gel implant is used for breast augmentation. This type of breast implants is filled with silicone gel, which feels like the natural breast tissue. With these implants, you may need to visit your surgeon regularly for check-up to ensure the implants are in good condition. Silicone breast implants are FDA-approved for augmentation in women age 22 or older.
For this procedure, round breast implants are used. These implants are round in shape and smooth in texture, and they give a full top appearance.
A lot of people feel that the teardrop shape resembles the natural breasts more than the round implants. But it all comes down to your personal preference and the desired body silhouette when choosing your implant shape. Your doctor will suggest the most suitable implant for you, taking into consideration your condition and your desired result.
How It Works
According to your desired size and shape, our affiliated doctor will decide on the type of incision: armpit (axillary incision), under the breast (inframammary incision) or around the nipple (periareolar incision).
Breast Augmentation Procedure
1. Consultation will be done by the doctor to assess your conditions and give outlines of the surgery based on your desired results.
2. Before surgery, the incision site will be marked.
3. Incision will be made at predetermined sites (armpit / under the breast / around the nipple).
4. Breast implants will be inserted.
5. End of surgery.
Advantages and Limitations of Breast Augmentation
· Long-lasting results
· Increases confidence with body shape
· Safe procedure
· Gives bigger and symmetrical breasts
· Restores volume loss
· General surgery risks
· Scars tend to remain (normal)
· Risk of implant rupture and other implant complications
Other Breast Augmentation Procedure at Our Affiliated Hospital
· Breast Augmentation with Teardrop Implants
6 weeks before surgery:
· Stop smoking
· Refrain from using hormonal birth control to reduce complications risks
About 10 days prior to the procedure:
· Stop taking blood-thinning medications like ibuprofen, aspirin, and medications containing those products.
· Reduce or stop taking vitamin E, omega 3 supplements as they can thin the blood and increase the risk of bleeding.
After Surgery Indications
· Wear a sports bra 24/7 as indicated by the surgeon.
· Do not lift heavy objects.
· Take your medication prescribed by the surgeon.
· Do not smoke for at least 6 weeks after the surgery.
· In case of fever, deep pain, bleeding, nausea, and vomiting, contact your surgeon immediately.
· If the incision is opening, take pictures of the area and contact the surgeon.
· Avoid eating spicy food and fats.
· Do not exercise or do any strenuous activities for 6 to 8 weeks, and please start on a moderate pace.
Q1: Can I still breastfeed my children?
A1: Yes, it will not interfere with breastfeeding. Please consult with the surgeon if you are concerned.
Q2: What are the advantages of the different incision locations?
A2: The armpit incision is known for its barely visible incision marks. The areola incision is known for allowing a direct view of the surgical site, which permits the surgeon to be careful and precise when inserting the implant. It also allows for the surgeon to handle the breast tissue directly for better implant adaptation. The breast fold incision is known for its shorter surgery time and faster recovery period. However, scars may be visible if the lower part of the breast is exposed.
Q3: How do I know if I am getting an infection?
A3: You may got an infection if you have the following symptoms: high fever, vomiting, nausea, your incision color turns dark red or purple, and/or the incision is producing pus. However, please rest assured that the infection risks are at 1%.
Q4: When can I expect the final results?
A4: Between 3 to 6 months. It’s important to practice good aftercare measures to ensure that you will recover well and get the desirable results.
Q5: How long will the implants last?
A5: The implants could last up to 10 years then they might need to be replaced.
[Clinic Name] Bangpakok 9 International Hospital
[Location] Bangkok, Thailand
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] 10 mins drive from shopping malls such as Central Rama 2 and The Bright Rama 2, 20 mins drive from Baiyoke Tower 2
[Clinic Opening Time] Open 24 hrs
||1 - 2 hrs
||3 - 5 days
|Number of Postoperative Visit
||1 - 3 times, depending on your condition
||Less than 375 ml implants: 1 Night
400-485 ml implants: 1 Night
500-550 ml implants: 2 Nights
575-700 ml implants: 2 Nights
725 - 800 ml implants: 3 Nights
more than 800 ml implants: 3 Nights
||No charge for cancellations made at least 48 hrs prior appointment date*
|| Bangpakok 9 International Hospital, Rama 2 Road, Bang Mot, Chom Thong, Bangkok, Thailand