Dermabrasion (Replace Damaged Skin Surface With Smoother Skin)
For more information, please contact Trambellir by “Enquiry Now”.
It Is Suitable For
· Those in Budapest, Hungary for 7 days or more.
· Those with signs of sun damage on their face.
· Those who want to improve fine lines and wrinkles.
· Those who want to reduce acne scarring and uneven skin tone.
· Those who want to reveal healthier and smoother skin through a skin resurfacing treatment.
What is Dermabrasion?
Dermabrasion is a skin-resurfacing procedure that involves an exfoliating technique using a rapidly rotating instrument (a wire brush or diamond wheel with rough edges) to ‘sand’ the outer layers of the skin. This aims to stimulate growth of new skin that is smoother and more youthful-looking. The process is abrasive and in some way does injure the skin to stimulate a healing process. This procedure is a popular way to treat sun damage, fine lines, rosacea, uneven texture and scarring that is often caused by acne or other injuries.
How It Works
During the procedure, your skin will be numbed with anesthetics. The damaged surface of the skin will then be removed by the doctor using a special device which rotates rapidly and scours the skin. The outer layers of the skin will be removed to reveal much healthier skin underneath.
The depth of skin removal will take into account factors such as your overall skin condition and the coarseness and the rotating speed of the instrument. After the procedure, your skin will be covered with a dressing to protect it and let it heal. The dressing will be removed by the doctor within the first week.
The treated areas will be sensitive and reddish for several weeks, and may take up to 3 months to fade, but results are mostly satisfying once new skin is revealed.
Procedure for Dermabrasion
1. Consultation and examination will be made.
2. Before starting the procedure, your skin will be cleansed.
3. Topical anesthetics will be applied to decrease sensation.
4. Your skin will be held taut while the dermabrader is moved across the skin with gentle pressure.
5. After dermabrasion, the treated skin will be covered with a bandage. The doctor will explain self-care instructions.
6. End of treatment. You can return for check-up within the first week to remove the dressing and for monitoring.
Advantages and Limitations of Dermabrasion
· Improves overall facial skin quality
· Safe treatment
· Effective procedure
· Proven way to rejuvenate the skin
· Helps you to regain youthful skin
· Inflammation can take between 6 and 12 weeks to completely heal. Adequate sun protection is strongly recommended.
· Makeup can be worn after 2 weeks or as advised by the doctor.
· Adequate sun protection is needed especially during recovery to avoid reversing the effects.
· Newer skin will grow during the weeks following the treatment, and may itch a little. Be gentle with the skin during this time and take any recommended OTC creams by the doctor.
· Keep treated areas away from chlorinated swimming pools for 4 weeks.
· It is recommended to avoid active sports for 4 to 6 weeks.
Dermabrasion Vs Microdermabrasion
· Microdermabrasion is less abrasive than dermabrasion, which means microdermabrasion has shorter downtime
· Microdermabrasion results in subtle changes - smoother skin, brighter complexion and does not work on severe scarring or wrinkles
· Dermabrasion can cause bleeding, while microdermabrasion does not
· Microdermabrasion needs numerous treatment to get the best results while dermabrasion requires 1 session to deliver dramatic results
· Microdermabrasion gives immediate results while dermabrasion may need some time to deliver the final result as recovery is important
Dermabrasion is not suitable for those who/with:
· Recent herpes
· Active acne
· Active rosacea
· Unstable diabetes
· Auto-immune disorders
· Active eczema
· Recent waxing
· Recent start of Retin A
· Bleeding disorders
· Other medical conditions that deem you unsuitable for the treatment
Q1: How long will the skin inflammation last?
A1: It can take between 6 to 12 weeks to completely heal. The redness will fade gradually and new skin will start forming in 5 to 8 days after the procedure. During this time, self-care measures as well as sun protection are very important.
Q2: Are the results permanent?
A2: Although new skin will form, you will continue to acquire aging signs such as fine lines as you age. Frequent sun exposure without protection can also reverse your results.
Q3: What is the difference between dermabrasion and microdermabrasion?
A3: Generally, microdermabrasion is much less abrasive compared to dermabrasion. Hence, microdermabrasion procedure gives subtle changes to the skin - it feels renewed, brighter and softer after the treatment and may not need a long recovery process. If you have scarring, wrinkles and deep acne scars, microdermabrasion may not be a suitable option to treat them.
Q4: When can I return to work after a dermabrasion procedure?
A4: You can return to work within 1 week following the treatment, but please consult with the doctor to know how long you should rest to let your skin heal.
Q5: Is dermabrasion effective for deep wrinkles?
A5: It’s not really effective for deep wrinkles, in which other treatments can be done in conjunction with dermabrasion to get better results. But dermabrasion can be effective for fine lines and less severe wrinkles. A consultation with the doctor can help to determine the best treatment according to your skin condition.
[Clinic Name] Dentium Implant Center
[Nearest Station/ Nearest Tourist Destination] 1 min to train station; 3 mins walking distance to Full Moon Hostel Budapest and Ministry of Defense; closely located to shops and easy access to public transportation
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday to Friday (8:00AM - 8:00PM)
||45 - 60 mins
||7 - 14 days
|Number of Postoperative Visit
||1 (Within a week for bandage removal)
||No cancellation fees will be charged if you notify your cancellation at least 48 hrs in advance
||Dentium Implant Center, Budapest, Hungary