It Is Suitable For
· Those around Johor Bahru, Malaysia who need effective skin rejuvenation treatments.
· Those with sun-damaged skin.
· Those who want to eliminate acne scars and hyperpigmentation.
· Those who want to clear their pores from dirt and minimize the enlarged pores.
· Those who want to treat dullness and uneven skin tone.
What is Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel is one of the least invasive technique used to improve the appearance of the skin on the face, neck, or hands. The procedure helps to improve uneven skin tone and texture and also aids in skin replenishment.
The treatment can be done 5 to 6 times at 1 to 2 week intervals for the effective results.
How It Works
The treatment involves applying a chemical solution to the skin that causes it to exfoliate and eventually peel off.
The new, regenerated skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the skin that been damaged from the result of aging, sun exposure, a poor diet, and environmental pollution.
A chemical peel can help improve acne or acne scars, age and liver spots, fine lines and wrinkles, freckles, irregular skin pigmentation, rough skin and scaly patches, and sun-damaged skin.
However, sagging skin, bulges, and more severe wrinkles do not respond well to chemical peels.
After a chemical peel, the skin is temporarily more sensitive to the sun and we recommend using a sunscreen every day.
Chemical Peel Procedure
1. Face will be cleansed
2. Degreasing solution will be applied before applying any peeling solution e.g AHA to prevent uneven coating due to sebum
3. The peeling solution will then be applied to the entire face and it takes 3 to 5 mins for the peeling. You may feel a mild stinging while the solution is on the skin
4. Neutralizing solution will be applied
5. Face will be cooled with a cool gauze for 15 mins
6. End of treatment
· Dull skin
· Pigmented acne scars
· Photo-damaged skin
· Superficial lines and wrinkles
· Dilated pores
· Uneven skin tone
Advantages and Limitations of Chemical Peel
· Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
· Corrects sun-damaged skin
· Diminishes appearance of scars
· Addresses pigment issues
· Enhances skin tone and texture
· Maximizes the effectiveness of skincare products
· Improves acne
· Requires a few sessions for the effective results
Chemical Peel Pre and Post Care
· Refrain from using any type of retinol or retin-A topical medication for at least 48 hrs
· Stop using hair removal products the week before the peel
· Avoid using facial scrubs and exfoliants the week before the peel
· Arrange a driver to get you home, especially if you are getting higher levels of chemical peeling
· Sunscreen and moisturizer should be regularly applied to avoid further sun damage
· Use ice packs or a cool fan to help relieve discomfort at home
· Follow doctor's guidelines on aftercare to get the best results
Q1: Is one session of treatment enough for the results?
A1: In many cases, you can feel the effect immediately after treatment, but it is recommended that you get 5 sessions as one course to get the best results.
Q2: I have done chemical peeling for 5 sessions and my skin has gotten better. Should I continue?
A2: If you stop getting chemical peeling treatment, the effect will gradually disappear. It is recommended to continue even once a month to maintain the results.
Q3: How do you determine the concentration of the peeling solution or is it the same for everyone?
A3: The concentration of solution will be adjusted according to the condition of the skin and the number of times it has been peeled before.
Q4: Can I apply makeup immediately after treatment?
A4: You can apply makeup straight away after treatment, but please make sure to apply moisturizer and sunscreen as well.
Q5: Is the vitamin ion introduction necessary?
A5: It is recommended for you to take the vitamin ion introduction as well. Vitamin ion introduction can improve pigmentation caused by acne and it also has antioxidants effects.
[Clinic Name] Dr. Wee Clinic
[Location] Johor Bahru, Malaysia
[Nearest Stations / Attractions] Located in the city of Johor Bahru, Malaysia. A 30-mins driving distance from Senai International Airport, as well as Johor Causeway.
[Clinic Opening Time] Monday to Sunday (10:00AM-7:00PM)